- Blenheims Estate and Asset Management Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- This statement along with our Terms & Conditions sets out the basis on which personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed.
- You should read the following carefully to understand how we treat your personal data and the manner in which we collect it.
- For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Hilary Taylor
INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU
- We may collect, keep and process the following data:
- Information you provide by:
- Completing forms on our website
- Completing paper forms available at our offices
- Responding to promotions
- Contacting our offices by telephone, post or email
- Carrying out transactions on our site
- Details of your visits to our site & the resources you access
- Information you provide by:
- This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services or information
- We may also ask you to complete surveys or participate in market research projects, although you do not have to respond to them.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
- We may collect information about your computer, including IP address, operating system and browser type. This is statistical data and does not identify any individual.
- We may also obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better service. They allow us to:
- Estimate our unique visitors to our site and their usage patterns
- Store information about users’ preferences
- Speed up your searches
- Recognise you when you return to our site
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
- All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers
- Any payment transactions will be encrypted
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. We do our best to protect your personal data but cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
- We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To ensure content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To undertake market research
- If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data or write to Hilary Taylor (firstname.lastname@example.org)
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of the Blenheims Group
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets
- If we are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held about our customers will be one of the transferred assets
- We will generally inform you before collecting your data if we plan to use it for marketing purposes.
- We do not share the data you provide to us with any companies outside the Blenheims Group for marketing purposes.
- You may request that we do not process your personal data for marketing purposes by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by writing to Hilary Taylor (email@example.com).
- Our site may on occasion contain links to and from other websites that we feel may be of interest to our users. Note that these websites have their own privacy policies which you should check before you submit any personal data.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
- The Act gives you the right to access information held about you.
- This right can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
- Access requests may be subject to a fee of £15 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.