Some councils may have had to change collection days or restrict certain collections such as green waste due to staff and recycling site availability. Please check with your own Local Authority if your refuse has not been collected or if you are uncertain of the current waste collection and recycling arrangements for your area.
Your Household Waste
Certain items require special attention when handling your household waste. Items of personal waste (such as used tissues) and disposable cleaning cloths should be:
- Separated from other waste
- Bagged and secured in two disposable rubbish bags: put it into one, secure the top, then place this into another bag & secure this
- Put aside in its bags for at least 72 hours before being put in your usual household waste bin.
Other household waste can be disposed of as normal, and normal guidelines apply, namely:
- Ensure that all refuse is tightly secured in sturdy waste bags and carefully deposited in the designated areas.
- Do not dispose of bulky household items in your bin store.